To Study different types of measuring tools used in metrology and least count of vernier caliper, micrometer and vernier height gauge.
Procedure:- Describe in brief the following measuring tools with neat sketch mentioning
their sizes & usage.
1) Vernier caliper
2) Micrometer (inside & outside)
3) Vernier height gauge
4) Vernier depth gauge
5) Standard wire gauge
6) Combination set
7) Screw thread gauge
8) Depth micrometer
9) Radius gauge
11) Try square
12) Sine bar
13) Bevel protector
14) Dial indicator
Least count:- Least count of vernier caliper, micrometer, & vernier height gauge to be
1) Measuring tools should not be mishandled.
2) Proper upkeep of measuring tool is necessary must be cleaned.
3) Tools before & after use kept in store
4) Tools should be calibrated after certain interval & accuracy determined.