To prepare lay out on a metal sheet by marking and prepare rectangular tray, shaped components e.g. funnel.
Material Required: - G.I. (galvanized iron) sheet 26 SWG.
Tool Required:- Scale, scriber, snip, bench shearing machine, mallet, surface plate, rail
line, pipe stake, combination plier, bench vice, funnel stake, setting hammer, Ball peen
Procedure for Tray making:-
(1) Sheet of required size is cut and smoothened by using mallet.
(2) Layout of the tray is drawn on the sheet as per pattern using the scriber.
(3) Four corners are cut as per marking using straight snip.
(4) Edges are folded to make the beading on all four sides.
(5) Bending of all four sides are done at right angles opposite the beading and bend
corners using mallet.
(6) Then the tray is finished.
Procedure for Pipe making:-
(1) The sheet of required size is cut and market for lock grooved joint.
(2) Edges are folded for joint.
(3) Bending of the piece is done using pipe stake and mallet.
(4) The job is finished using mallet, combination plier and setting hammer.
Be careful and attentive while working on metal sheet.
Wear, apron, shoes, gloves and tight fitted clothes.
Use proper tools for each operation.