Aim: - To prepare a job on lathe involving facing, outside turning, taper turning, step turning, radius making and parting off.
Tool required:- Single point cutting tool, radius tool, parting tool.
Material required:- Mild steel rod.
Instruments required:- Steel rule, vernier caliper, out side caliper, sine bar.
1. Job is fixed in three jaw chuck for proper alignment.
2. Single point cutting tool is fixed in the tool post and facing operation is
3. A rough cut is used to turn the outer periphery.
4. Final turning and step turning operation are co mpleted in sequence.
5. The compound slide is set at the taper angle as per calculation with the
center line and tapering operation is completed through different cuts.
6. Radius tool is fixed in tool post for making radius and the operation is
7. For maintaining the proper length of the job parting off tool is used and
parting operation is completed.
Work piece should be firmly gripped in the three jaw chuck.
Coolant is to be used.
Hand gloves and apron must be used while working.
Proper rpm should be selected before the operation.