Aim: - To prepare a job involving side and face milling on a milling machine.
Tool required: - Side and face milling cutter.
Material required: - Mild steel work piece.
Instrument required: - Steel rule, vernier caliper depth gauge, vernier height gauge try
square and scriber.
1. Work piece of metal as per req uired dimension is cut on power hacksaw.
2. Required dimension is marked on the work piece using try square and scriber.
3. Side and face milling cutter is fixed in the arbor appropriately.
4. The job is Fixed in vice of milling machine.
5. The side milling from all four sides of the job is dine using small cuts till marking is
6. The piece is marked for maintaining the height.
7. The top surface is milled till the required height is achieved.
Work piece should be firmly gripped in the vice.
Coolant is to used.
Don’t try to over speed the machine should be at slow speed.
Hand gloves, apron and shoes must be used while working.Feed to be applied slowly in the beginning
Heavy feed may damage the drill bits. Don’t use too much pressure on the feed handle.
Coolant to be used.
Hand gloves, apron and shoes must be used while working.
Work piece should be firmly tightened in the vice of the machine.