Aim: - To prepare horizontal surface / vertical surface / slots or V-grooves on a Shaper / Planner.
Tool required: - Tool holder, shaping tool, centre punch, hammer.
Material required: - Mild steel work piece.
Instrument required: - Steel rule, vernier caliper, vernier height gauge, depth gauge, try
1. Work piece of required dimension to be cut on power hack saw.
2. The job is fixed in vice of shaper machine.
3. Top surface is machined first.
4. The Job surface is inverted and clamped tightly in the vice.
5. All the remaining surfaces are machined in sequence.
6. Then marking is done as per the drawing for making groove.
7. The groove is machined using round nose cutting tool.
8. For making the groove feed to the table and tool is given simultaneously.
9. The groove is shaped in different cuts to achieve the desired depth.
Work piece should be firmly gripped in the vice.
Adjust the stock length as per job.
Do not over speed or over cut the machine during operation.
Hand gloves apron and shoes must be used while working.Work piece should be firmly tightened in the vice of the machine.