1. RC PHASE SHIFT OSCILLATOR
AIM: To calculate the frequency of the RC phase shift oscillator & to measure the phase angles at different RC sections.
3. Capacitors: 0.001µf – 3 Nos
RC-Phase shift Oscillator has a CE amplifier followed by three sections of RC phase shift feed back Networks the out put of the last stage is return to the input of the amplifier. The values of R and C are chosen such that the phase shift of each RC section is 60º.Thus The RC ladder network produces a total phase shift of 180º between its input and output voltage for the given frequencies. Since CE Amplifier produces 180 º phases shift the total phase shift from the base of the transistor around the circuit and back to the base will be exactly 360º or 0º. This satisfies the Barkhausen condition for sustaining oscillations and total loop gain of this circuit is greater than or equal to 1, this condition used to generate the sinusoidal oscillations.
The frequency of oscillations of RC-Phase Shift Oscillator is,
f = -----------
1. Make the connection as per the circuit diagram as shown above.
2. Observe the output signal and note down the output amplitude and time period (Td).
3. Calculate the frequency of oscillations theoretically and verify it practically (f=1/Td).
4. Calculate the phase shift at each RC section by measuring the time shifts (Tp) between the final waveform and the waveform at that section by using the below formula.
THEORITICAL CALCULATIONS: R = 10KΩ, C = 0.001 μf
f = -------------- =
f = -----
(1). θ 1= --------*3600 =
(2). θ 2 = ------- * 3600 =
(3). θ 3= ----------- *3600 =
MODEL WAVE FORMS:
OUT PUT WAVE FORM :
OUT PUT WAVE FORM : θ = 600
OUT PUT WAVE FORM : θ = 1200
OUT PUT WAVE FORM : θ = 180
RESULT: The frequency of RC phase shift oscillator is calculated and the phase shift at different RC sections is noted.