AT2405 VEHICLE MAINTENANCE AND RECONDITIONING LAB
1. Study and layout of an automobile repair, service and maintenance shop.
2. Study and preparation of different statements/records required for the repair and maintenance works.
3. Cylinder reboring – checking the cylinder bore, Setting the tool and reboring.
4. Valve grinding, valve lapping - Setting the valve angle, grinding and lapping and checking for valve leakage
5. Calibration of fuel injection pump
6. Minor and major tune up of gasoline and diesel engines.
7. Study and checking of wheel alignment - testing of camber, caster.
8. Testing kingpin inclination, toe-in and toe-out
9. Brake adjustment and Brake bleeding.
10. Simple tinkering, soldering works of body panels, study of door lock and window glass rising mechanisms.
11. Battery testing and maintenance.
12. Practice the following:
I. Adjustment of pedal play in clutch, brake, hand brake lever and steering wheel play
II. Air bleeding from hydraulic brakes, air bleeding of diesel fuel system
III. Wheel bearings tightening and adjustment
IV. Adjustment of head lights beam
V. Removal and fitting of tyre and tube