CE2308 SOIL MECHANICS LABORATORY
At the end of this course, the student acquires the capacity to test the soil to
assess its Engineering and Index properties.
1. Grain size distribution - Sieve analysis
2. Grain size distribution - Hydrometer analysis
3. Specific gravity of soil grains
4. Relative density of sands
5. Atterberg limits test
6. Determination of moisture - Density relationship using standard Proctor test.
7. Permeability determination (constant head and falling head methods)
8. Determination of shear strength parameters.
1. Direct shear test on cohesionless soil
2. Unconfined compression test on cohesive soil
3. Triaxial compression test (demonstration only)
9. One dimensional consolidation test (Demonstration only)
10. Field density test (Core cutter and sand replacement methods)
Click Here To Download Lab manual