IMPLEMENTATION OF RELOCATION LOADER
Aim: To implement relocation loader using C- Program.
- Enter new starting location to which object code has to be relocated.
- Read the content of the input file as strings one at a time in an array input.
- Transfer the string read in array “input” into another array “output” until it is incremented.
- Move consecutive next 3 strings into array “output”.
- Cover current relocation bit associated with each text record to binary form.
- Make necessary changes in corresponding words of object code and store the updated object code into array “output”.
- Move object code for which corresponding relocation bit is not set directly to the array “output” from array “input” without any change.
- Repeat step 2 to 8 until end record is encountered.
- If the object code is in character from convert into internal hexadecimal representation .
- Move object code to specified location in memory.
- write starting LOCCTR value of block of object code and the corresponding internal hexadecimal representative to the output files.