VIEWING PROCEDURE OF PISTON ASSEMBLY
To carry out inpection on the piston assembly.
· Check for completeness of the piston assembly and clean it by dipping in
petroleum solvent using cleaning basket.
· Examine the piston surface thoroughly for excessive pitting, cavaties or
· Check the piston rings, grooves, piston pinholes and holes base for
· Check side clearance between piston rings and piston (0.004”-0.0025”).
· Check end clearance on wedge type piston rings.
· Check inside diameter of piston pinhole (0.03”-0.004”).
· Check clearance between piston skit and cylinder and piston dia top
· Check outside diameter of piston pin against inside diameter of
hole in piston(0.0002”-0.001”).
· Measure fit between piston and plug and check outside diameter
· Examine two interior surface of piston pin hole for corrosion and fitting.
The maintenance and inspection of the piston assembly has been performed according to manufacturers maintenance manual.