MACHINING AN INTERNAL KEYWAY USING SLOTTING MACHINE
To machine an internal keyway in the given workpiece to the dimensions as shown in the figure using Slotting Machine.
Tools Required :
Slotting Machine, Scriber, Divider, Steel Rule.
1. The given workpiece is measured for its initial dimensions.
2. With the help of scriber mark the keyway dimensions in the workpiece.
3. Fix the workpiece in the vice of the slotting machine.
4. After fixing the workpiece and the slotting tool, allow the ram to vertically reciprocate.
5. Start the slotting process by giving the required depth by horizontally moving the vice.
6. Slowly increase the depth of cut and repeat the procedure to make the required shape.
7. The workpiece is now checked for final dimensions.
Thus, internal keyway is machined in the given workpiece to the dimensions as shown in the figure using Slotting Machine.
EXERCISE NO. 3
To grind the workpiece to the given tolerance using surface grinding machine.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENTS REQUIRED :
Surface Grinding machine, Micrometer.
1. The given workpiece is checked for its initial dimensions.
2. The permanent magnet worktable is cleaned thoroughly.
3. Keep the workpiece over the worktable and push the lever to “ON” position to hold the workpiece.
4. The required depth of cut is given by raising the table.
5. The reciprocating and cross feed is given to grind the required length and width of the workpiece respectively.
6. Finally, the finished workpiece is checked for the given dimensions.
Thus the given workpiece is ground to the given tolerance using surface grinding machine.