ASSEMBLY OF BOLT & NUT (ASSEMBLY – I)
To machine and assemble a Bolt & Nut to the given dimensions using required machines.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENTS REQUIRED :
Lathe, Turning tool, Parting tool, Threading tool, Vernier caliper.
1. The given workpiece is checked for its initial dimensions.
2. The workpiece is chucked and turned for the required dimensions.
3. The external thread is made on the workpiece.
4. The internal thread is made on another workpiece.
5. Check for the mating of internal and external threads formed.
Thus, a Bolt & Nut assembly is machined as per the given dimensions and assembled using the required machines.