8 BIT DATA MULTIPLICATION
To multiply two 8 bit numbers stored at consecutive memory locations and store the result in memory.
LOGIC: Multiplication can be done by repeated addition.
1. Initialize memory pointer to data location.
2. Move multiplicand to a register.
3. Move the multiplier to another register.
4. Clear the accumulator.
5. Add multiplicand to accumulator
6. Decrement multiplier
7. Repeat step 5 till multiplier comes to zero.
8. The result, which is in the accumulator, is stored in a memory location.
Thus the 8-bit multiplication was done in 8085mp using repeated addition method.