CHECKING OF PROPELLER PITCH BALANCING
To ensure the propeller blade twist is intact.
Degree marked protractor with mounting stand
· Attach the propeller on the hub stand and place it ont the surface table.
· Now position the protractor head near the propeller hub station with surface table.
· Now check the angle of the blade near to the hub station.
· The propeller stations are at a distance from the hub and tip varies from propeller to propeller.
· The blade angle is checked from the hub to the tip by moving the protractor in all directions of the blade stations and also referred the maintenance manual for the particular airplane adjustment.
· The propeller track also checked with the help of weight gauge on the surface table.
Thus the propeller pitch is checked at various stations and compared with values in maintenance manual.