Case Tools Lab Syllabus
Prepare the following documents for each experiment and develop the software using software engineering methodology.
1. Problem Analysis and Project Planning Thorough study of the problem – Identify project scope, Objectives, infrastructure
2. Software Requirement Analysis Describe the individual Phases/ modules of the project, Identify deliverables.
3. Data Modelling Use work products – data dictionary, use case diagrams and activity diagrams, build and test class diagrams, sequence diagrams and add interface to class diagrams.
4. Software Development and Debugging.
5. Software Testing Prepare test plan, perform validation testing, coverage analysis, memory leaks, develop test case hierarchy, Site check and site monitor.
List of Experiments:
- Course Registration System
- Quiz System
- Online ticket reservation system
- Remote computer monitoring
- Student marks analysing system
- Expert system to prescribe the medicines for the given symptoms
- ATM system
- Platform assignment system for the trains in a railway station
- Stock maintenance
- E-mail Client system.
Case Tools: Rational Suite, Win runner, Empirix
Languages: C/C++/JDK 1.3,JSDK, INTERNET EXPLORER, UML
Front End: VB, VC++, Developer 2000
Back End: Oracle, MS-Access, SQL