AIM: To construct residential house wiring using switches, fuse,
indicator, lamp and energy meter.
S.NO COMPONENTS DESCRIPTION QUANTITY
1 Lamps loads 5A 3
2 Bulb holder 3
3 Fuses 3
4 One way
S.NO COMPONENTS QUANTITY
1 Plier 1
2 knife 1
3 Side cutter 1
4 Screw driver 1
1. Collect the materials required for this experiment.
2. Draw the layout of the given circuit diagram in the
3. Fix the necessary materials, by using drilling machine
in the layout board.
4. The lamps are fixed on the lamp holders.
5. Connections are checked and supply is given.
6. Switches are operated to see the output of the lamp.
1) The metal covering of all appliances are to be
properly earthed in order to avoid electrical shock due
to leakage or failure of insulation.
2) Every line has to be protected by a fuse of suitable
rating as per the requirement.
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
GE1X03 ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY MANUAL 15
Thus the single-phase wiring has been constructed, tested
and the results are tabulated.
1. Prepare the cost estimate for above wiring execution.
2. Prepare the wiring diagram for your classroom.
3. Prepare the wiring diagram for your home.
Fuse rating calculations:
Refer the exercise on stair case wiring & do