DISMANTLING AND ASSEMBLING OF TWO WHEELER GEAR BOX AND FINDING GEAR RATIOS.
To Dismantle and assemble of two wheeler gearbox and find gear ratio.
TOOLS REQUIRED :
Gear box is the integral part of drive line whose function as follows as,
- To provide different leverage at different driving speed.
- To provide necessary Torque, which starting the vehicle from rest.
- Power comes from engine to clutch shaft and clutch gear, which is always in mesh with a gear on the lay shaft.
- Helical gears are in mesh always. Helical gears are setting the power with the help of fork, dogteeth and collar. Dogteeth clutch are splined to gear shaft.
- Gears are provided with integral dogteeth.
- Collar having internal teeth locks the dogteeth on gear and dogteeth is fixed to the input shaft.
- Collar is operated by means of fork lever.
- Lay shaft is a forged component integral with built in gears.
- Lay shaft is supported in the gearbox housing with the help of bearings.
1. First the main gear assembly is removed.
2. Then the counter gear assembly is removed.
3. Then the lay out assembly is removed.
4. Finally all the gears are removed and count the number of teeth on each gear and found out the gear ratio.
5. Then lay shaft assembly fixed.
6. Now, the counter shaft gear assembly is fixed & bearings are fixed.
7. Finally the main gear assembly is fixed.
Now the number of teeth of each gear counted and using the calculation, the gear ratio is found.
Finding gear ratio:
1st gear = PR *(T8/T9)
2nd gear= PR*(T6/T5)
3rd gear= PR*(T4/T3)
4th gear= 1:1
Permanent reduction (PR) = (T2/T1)
T4, T6, T8 à No. of teeth on driven
T3, T5, T7 à No. of teeth on driver
Thus the given two-wheeler gearbox is dismantled, studied and assembled.